Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Lao high school grading system
Anonymous

Date:
Lao high school grading system
Permalink   


How should the scores on the Mor. 6 certificate be interpreted?

I see a list of subjects...each with a corresponding number (seems to be from 3 to 9). But no idea what number is the maximum/minimum score (& hence what's considered a pass or fail).

Could someone kindly help me with this? Thanks.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Score   Meaning
10       Excellent
8-9     Good
7-8     Pretty good (except Lao literature, the maximum score is 8)
6-7     Fair
5        Pass
0-4     Fail

idea

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

man... you are not so clever .... i mean stupid indeed !

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2386
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Score   Meaning
10       Excellent
8-9     Good
7-8     Pretty good (except Lao literature, the maximum score is 8)
6-7     Fair
5        Pass
0-4     Fail

idea



my Lao literature was 9....so the MAX score of Lao literature is 10
just many student unable to get it.
..

 



__________________


animated-graphics247.gif



Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

hey thanks, makes more sense now.
totally opposite from some other countries, where the smaller the number the better the grade is (1 = A+, 2 = A ... 6 = C, 9 = F).


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

hey thanks, makes more sense now.
totally opposite from some other countries, where the smaller the number the better the grade is (1 = A+, 2 = A ... 6 = C, 9 = F).



Yes, this kind of grading is only in Germany, as far as I know.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2386
Date:
Permalink   

some European countries have the same system as Laos
for example" Italy

__________________


animated-graphics247.gif



Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

hey thanks, makes more sense now.
totally opposite from some other countries, where the smaller the number the better the grade is (1 = A+, 2 = A ... 6 = C, 9 = F).



Yes, this kind of grading is only in Germany, as far as I know.

 



think United Kingdom & Singapore use that system too.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I am studying in Singapore, and there is no such system here...


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The A1, A2, B3,.., E8, F9 system is what Singapore used for secondary schools & AO level subjects in junior colleges for a couple of decades up to 2005.

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard