Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?
Anonymous

Date:
RE: What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?
Permalink   


Anonymous wrote:

no Laos do not need KFC,



For what do you need KFC anyway ?
ເຊີນຕາມສະບາຍ ຍາທ່ານທັງຫຼາຍ KFC ຢູ່ເມືອງລາວ

4295222610af4942719d.jpg



Lao and Vietnamese don't need KFC because they have the best man friend BBQ




102mkxi.jpg

 



__________________
Sincere person:

Date:
Permalink   

I totally agreed with you guys that broken English or not has nothing to do with developing your country.  In fact, some leaders do not have to learn to speak English at all, it's in your brain how you gonna lead your country & your pple.  Even American pple...are struggling w/their own language.  Former President Bush had so much problem with his English (speech), but he's not worried bcoz he relied on his advisor to provide him scripts & suggest him what to say/what not to.  As far as my English, I'm happy with what i'm capable of, this is the best I can do, I'm a low class guy, uneducated, son of farmer and most of all I'm an outcast.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 596
Date:
Permalink   

Good, I would like to add some words, as I experienced the living condition in Vientiane I have a conclusion as follows : lao government can do very little for its citizen, the good living of people relies on the people it self as everyone could see the authorities don't care if people has markets for their products , the same for education system, after graduating, go to your dad an mom 's home, no jobs for you ...or seeking it by yourselves. same for development of school and road in the out skirt of VT. you need new road ? ok ! the district has no butget for road construction , you should collect money from villagers to built your road perhaps next year the government will have sixty % to fund it the rest is the contribution of villagers, perhaps ! and at the same time younsters love drinking beer and always turn their economy in debauchery, drug, sex... see what we want to show to foreigners and other country...excuse for my broken english...

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

chiip wrote:

Good, I would like to add some words, as I experienced the living condition in Vientiane I have a conclusion as follows : lao government can do very little for its citizen, the good living of people relies on the people it self as everyone could see the authorities don't care if people has markets for their products , the same for education system, after graduating, go to your dad an mom 's home, no jobs for you ...or seeking it by yourselves. same for development of school and road in the out skirt of VT. you need new road ? ok ! the district has no butget for road construction , you should collect money from villagers to built your road perhaps next year the government will have sixty % to fund it the rest is the contribution of villagers, perhaps ! and at the same time younsters love drinking beer and always turn their economy in debauchery, drug, sex... see what we want to show to foreigners and other country...excuse for my broken english...



You're English is pretty good Chiip!

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 207
Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

What do you mean by developed?

Economically?
Socially?
Architecturally?
Industrially?
All of the above?

Everyone is mentioning all the same things, be like other countries and have this and that.
Have what others have in the rest of the world. Well in these so called developed countries, crime still happens, women still get raped, murders still hapen, corruption still occurs, people are still poor and hungry (homeless/unemployed), people are still uneducated (rising education costs - only rich go to school), there are still "ghetto's" and slums. Now there are even more things to worry about, cyber crime, identity theft, drug cartels, health care, financial fraud. I can go on forever about how wonderful the developed world is but my point is why does Laos want to be like that? Do they not know how to be individuals? Don't they know how to think for themselves? We need leaders to innovate and make decisions for the better of the Lao people and not for selfish intentions for the sake of looking like or competing with other countries.

You ask me what Laos needs to become developed? It needs leaders of tommorow who can bring the people to prosperity. When the people can have the freedom of being able to make their own decisions and control their own futures, be proud of who they are and have hope for the future, that to me means we are developed.

When a business/company fails, who is to blame, the owner/CEO. Parents are responsible for their children, governments are responsible for the people they represent.
Laos needs a change in leaders who can bring change that can better the peoples lives, until then, you guys can argue about which franchise has the better chicken.

P.S. The amount of broken english and quality of posts on this board really shows how developed Laos is to the rest of the world. I feel embarrassed and I hope this is not the best that we have to offer so prove me wrong someone.



I am on the other hand are more embarrassed with your comments Big shot.  Just because we speak broken english does not mean that we are all not aware of all the issues, problems that you brought up. the most civilized and the least are sharing the same problem and we know that its a long road to get where we want to be.

The question is " what is one thing Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing" Plain and simple.... my answer is  ATM every where.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 693
Date:
Permalink   

chiip wrote:

Good, I would like to add some words, as I experienced the living condition in Vientiane I have a conclusion as follows : lao government can do very little for its citizen, the good living of people relies on the people it self as everyone could see the authorities don't care if people has markets for their products , the same for education system, after graduating, go to your dad an mom 's home, no jobs for you ...or seeking it by yourselves. same for development of school and road in the out skirt of VT. you need new road ? ok ! the district has no butget for road construction , you should collect money from villagers to built your road perhaps next year the government will have sixty % to fund it the rest is the contribution of villagers, perhaps ! and at the same time younsters love drinking beer and always turn their economy in debauchery, drug, sex... see what we want to show to foreigners and other country...excuse for my broken english...



Well, Chiip,  what is the government good for then?  It seems to me according to what you said that the government is  not doing any thing for the Lao people . 

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

Looks as though people got defensive when I commented on the broken english and they didn't seem to care about the rest of my post. I think you guys still need a lesson in english comprehension though.

When I say, "shows how developed Laos is to the rest of the world" I really did mean SHOW. This is the world wide web, yes it is seen throughout the world. What do you think someone visiting this site will think and see? Since this site is also in english, people visiting will SEE broken english posts and what do you think they will think to themselves? They will laugh like I did and not take you people seriously at all. I'm sorry to say but that is how it is perceived, and perception is what I mean. If you are dark skinned, people think you are poor and work in the field all day out in the sun. If you can't speak english properly, people think that you are uneducated and can't do the job here in the west. People and countries are looked down upon because of these perceptions. Laos could be the most developed country in asia and no one would know if it is perceived to be otherwise. You could be the wisest person on earth but appear incompetent if you can't communicate it to your intended audience.
Anyways, I applaud the effort of your english skills, however, keep in mind how it may be perceived by others.

"broken English or not has nothing to do with developing your country" - Can someone tell me why everyone in every country wants to learn english? Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore all have been trying to learn english for years. There are so many english teaching jobs in those countries even with a recession.
President Bush didn't speak broken english, neither does any president. They have advisors so they don't say politically incorrect things such as calling the Pakistani's "Paki's".

You guys want to talk embarrassment, how about living in an english speaking country for over 30 years and still not being able to speak english. How about your kids being embarrassed when you speak with their peers or other native english people and know that they look down on you behind your back. I am not making fun of anyone's english skills, but I am telling the truth of the matter. I see Lao people in America unable to get high paying jobs or even professional jobs cause they can't speak english correctly. Yeah it is discrimination, but that's what's going on and I tell the truth. A lot of people here still think I can't speak english cause I'm asian, but I speak better than them but it's all about perception.

"The question is " what is one thing Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing" Plain and simple.... my answer is ATM every where."
This sounds like a beauty contest question they ask after the swimsuit competition:
question - What is the one most important thing our society needs?
answer - World peace. (Miss Congeniality 2000)

ATM everywhere, simple answer for the simple minded. Do you know who makes money from the ATM's? The banks, not the people. Why do Lao people need ATM's when they have no source of income/jobs? You people are very materialistic if you think ATM's and having sky scrapers fill your city skyline prove that your country is developed. Reminds me of some pictures I've seen of Thailand where a condo is right next to a family's straw hut home in the mud.

Okay, all that aside, there is still hope believe it or not, cause I'm Lao and I am not materialistic like most and I speak fluent english so it is possible. I know all the haters will try to find fault in my post now cause that's what we do best as Lao people, we hate, criticise, and complain about each other while the rest of the people improve themselves. Okay please prove me wrong again.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

Looks as though people got defensive when I commented on the broken english and they didn't seem to care about the rest of my post. I think you guys still need a lesson in english comprehension though.

When I say, "shows how developed Laos is to the rest of the world" I really did mean SHOW. This is the world wide web, yes it is seen throughout the world. What do you think someone visiting this site will think and see? Since this site is also in english, people visiting will SEE broken english posts and what do you think they will think to themselves? They will laugh like I did and not take you people seriously at all. I'm sorry to say but that is how it is perceived, and perception is what I mean. If you are dark skinned, people think you are poor and work in the field all day out in the sun. If you can't speak english properly, people think that you are uneducated and can't do the job here in the west. People and countries are looked down upon because of these perceptions. Laos could be the most developed country in asia and no one would know if it is perceived to be otherwise. You could be the wisest person on earth but appear incompetent if you can't communicate it to your intended audience.
Anyways, I applaud the effort of your english skills, however, keep in mind how it may be perceived by others.

"broken English or not has nothing to do with developing your country" - Can someone tell me why everyone in every country wants to learn english? Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore all have been trying to learn english for years. There are so many english teaching jobs in those countries even with a recession.
President Bush didn't speak broken english, neither does any president. They have advisors so they don't say politically incorrect things such as calling the Pakistani's "Paki's".

You guys want to talk embarrassment, how about living in an english speaking country for over 30 years and still not being able to speak english. How about your kids being embarrassed when you speak with their peers or other native english people and know that they look down on you behind your back. I am not making fun of anyone's english skills, but I am telling the truth of the matter. I see Lao people in America unable to get high paying jobs or even professional jobs cause they can't speak english correctly. Yeah it is discrimination, but that's what's going on and I tell the truth. A lot of people here still think I can't speak english cause I'm asian, but I speak better than them but it's all about perception.

"The question is " what is one thing Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing" Plain and simple.... my answer is ATM every where."
This sounds like a beauty contest question they ask after the swimsuit competition:
question - What is the one most important thing our society needs?
answer - World peace. (Miss Congeniality 2000)

ATM everywhere, simple answer for the simple minded. Do you know who makes money from the ATM's? The banks, not the people. Why do Lao people need ATM's when they have no source of income/jobs? You people are very materialistic if you think ATM's and having sky scrapers fill your city skyline prove that your country is developed. Reminds me of some pictures I've seen of Thailand where a condo is right next to a family's straw hut home in the mud.

Okay, all that aside, there is still hope believe it or not, cause I'm Lao and I am not materialistic like most and I speak fluent english so it is possible. I know all the haters will try to find fault in my post now cause that's what we do best as Lao people, we hate, criticise, and complain about each other while the rest of the people improve themselves. Okay please prove me wrong again.



This is just a conversation not a text book writing and since you seemed to know so much maybe you should have the answer to the above question then, Mr. English 101.biggrin

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Albert Einstein didn't speak and write perfect English .

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Lao kids don't have to go to toilet in the bush or in the river and rice field or have to dig a hole to s hit. Laotian stop eating dog meat and wild animal in danger species and good educated level.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Laos need intelligent leader and government who are willing to sacrify for Lao people and the country so far Laos has none .

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

You guys want me to take you to school boh?

"maybe you should have the answer to the above question then, Mr. English 101."

SayMyName wrote in original post:

"You ask me what Laos needs to become developed? It needs leaders of tommorow who can bring the people to prosperity. When the people can have the freedom of being able to make their own decisions and control their own futures, be proud of who they are and have hope for the future, that to me means we are developed."

This person agrees with me although I don't think they read any post on here.
"Laos need intelligent leader and government who are willing to sacrify for Lao people and the country so far Laos has none ."

Was Albert Einstein Lao? I don't think so. He also helped invent the nuclear bomb that killed many people, so what is your point? He didn't write or speak perfect english but he also didn't speak broken english. He surely made his ideas known to the world though E=mc^2.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 696
Date:
Permalink   



-- Edited by paris_vientiane on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 06:52:17 PM

__________________
http://www.paris-vientiane.fr
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

You guys want me to take you to school boh?

"maybe you should have the answer to the above question then, Mr. English 101."

SayMyName wrote in original post:

"You ask me what Laos needs to become developed? It needs leaders of tommorow who can bring the people to prosperity. When the people can have the freedom of being able to make their own decisions and control their own futures, be proud of who they are and have hope for the future, that to me means we are developed."

This person agrees with me although I don't think they read any post on here.
"Laos need intelligent leader and government who are willing to sacrify for Lao people and the country so far Laos has none ."

Was Albert Einstein Lao? I don't think so. He also helped invent the nuclear bomb that killed many people, so what is your point? He didn't write or speak perfect english but he also didn't speak broken english. He surely made his ideas known to the world though E=mc^2.



Mr. English 101, maybe you should learn to read better than this, as I read the question this is what it said, " What is one thing Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing?"

Please answer this question accordingly.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

Looks as though people got defensive when I commented on the broken english and they didn't seem to care about the rest of my post. I think you guys still need a lesson in english comprehension though.

When I say, "shows how developed Laos is to the rest of the world" I really did mean SHOW. This is the world wide web, yes it is seen throughout the world. What do you think someone visiting this site will think and see? Since this site is also in english, people visiting will SEE broken english posts and what do you think they will think to themselves? They will laugh like I did and not take you people seriously at all. I'm sorry to say but that is how it is perceived, and perception is what I mean. If you are dark skinned, people think you are poor and work in the field all day out in the sun. If you can't speak english properly, people think that you are uneducated and can't do the job here in the west. People and countries are looked down upon because of these perceptions. Laos could be the most developed country in asia and no one would know if it is perceived to be otherwise. You could be the wisest person on earth but appear incompetent if you can't communicate it to your intended audience.
Anyways, I applaud the effort of your english skills, however, keep in mind how it may be perceived by others.

"broken English or not has nothing to do with developing your country" - Can someone tell me why everyone in every country wants to learn english? Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore all have been trying to learn english for years. There are so many english teaching jobs in those countries even with a recession.
President Bush didn't speak broken english, neither does any president. They have advisors so they don't say politically incorrect things such as calling the Pakistani's "Paki's".

You guys want to talk embarrassment, how about living in an english speaking country for over 30 years and still not being able to speak english. How about your kids being embarrassed when you speak with their peers or other native english people and know that they look down on you behind your back. I am not making fun of anyone's english skills, but I am telling the truth of the matter. I see Lao people in America unable to get high paying jobs or even professional jobs cause they can't speak english correctly. Yeah it is discrimination, but that's what's going on and I tell the truth. A lot of people here still think I can't speak english cause I'm asian, but I speak better than them but it's all about perception.

"The question is " what is one thing Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing" Plain and simple.... my answer is ATM every where."
This sounds like a beauty contest question they ask after the swimsuit competition:
question - What is the one most important thing our society needs?
answer - World peace. (Miss Congeniality 2000)

ATM everywhere, simple answer for the simple minded. Do you know who makes money from the ATM's? The banks, not the people. Why do Lao people need ATM's when they have no source of income/jobs? You people are very materialistic if you think ATM's and having sky scrapers fill your city skyline prove that your country is developed. Reminds me of some pictures I've seen of Thailand where a condo is right next to a family's straw hut home in the mud.

Okay, all that aside, there is still hope believe it or not, cause I'm Lao and I am not materialistic like most and I speak fluent english so it is possible. I know all the haters will try to find fault in my post now cause that's what we do best as Lao people, we hate, criticise, and complain about each other while the rest of the people improve themselves. Okay please prove me wrong again.



who said the ATM is for the jobless lao citizen? and I said nothing about the sky scrapers? you did....and about the beauty contest? OMG...

I myself do not speak, read or write perfect english but I can tell you that I am doing a lot and much better than some people that claimed they do and to be able to do that required more than simple minded person.

Nangdarling 

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

Looks as though people got defensive when I commented on the broken english and they didn't seem to care about the rest of my post. I think you guys still need a lesson in english comprehension though.

When I say, "shows how developed Laos is to the rest of the world" I really did mean SHOW. This is the world wide web, yes it is seen throughout the world. What do you think someone visiting this site will think and see? Since this site is also in english, people visiting will SEE broken english posts and what do you think they will think to themselves? They will laugh like I did and not take you people seriously at all. I'm sorry to say but that is how it is perceived, and perception is what I mean. If you are dark skinned, people think you are poor and work in the field all day out in the sun. If you can't speak english properly, people think that you are uneducated and can't do the job here in the west. People and countries are looked down upon because of these perceptions. Laos could be the most developed country in asia and no one would know if it is perceived to be otherwise. You could be the wisest person on earth but appear incompetent if you can't communicate it to your intended audience.
Anyways, I applaud the effort of your english skills, however, keep in mind how it may be perceived by others.

"broken English or not has nothing to do with developing your country" - Can someone tell me why everyone in every country wants to learn english? Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore all have been trying to learn english for years. There are so many english teaching jobs in those countries even with a recession.
President Bush didn't speak broken english, neither does any president. They have advisors so they don't say politically incorrect things such as calling the Pakistani's "Paki's".

You guys want to talk embarrassment, how about living in an english speaking country for over 30 years and still not being able to speak english. How about your kids being embarrassed when you speak with their peers or other native english people and know that they look down on you behind your back. I am not making fun of anyone's english skills, but I am telling the truth of the matter. I see Lao people in America unable to get high paying jobs or even professional jobs cause they can't speak english correctly. Yeah it is discrimination, but that's what's going on and I tell the truth. A lot of people here still think I can't speak english cause I'm asian, but I speak better than them but it's all about perception.

"The question is " what is one thing Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing" Plain and simple.... my answer is ATM every where."
This sounds like a beauty contest question they ask after the swimsuit competition:
question - What is the one most important thing our society needs?
answer - World peace. (Miss Congeniality 2000)

ATM everywhere, simple answer for the simple minded. Do you know who makes money from the ATM's? The banks, not the people. Why do Lao people need ATM's when they have no source of income/jobs? You people are very materialistic if you think ATM's and having sky scrapers fill your city skyline prove that your country is developed. Reminds me of some pictures I've seen of Thailand where a condo is right next to a family's straw hut home in the mud.

Okay, all that aside, there is still hope believe it or not, cause I'm Lao and I am not materialistic like most and I speak fluent english so it is possible. I know all the haters will try to find fault in my post now cause that's what we do best as Lao people, we hate, criticise, and complain about each other while the rest of the people improve themselves. Okay please prove me wrong again.



there are alot of chinese that live and work in China town working in their own restaurent and they been here for over 100s year majority do not speak english so why should we be embrassed for not able to speak perfect english when we are here only 30years and most the 30years we are working to support the children just so that they can have good education and able to speak perfect english....why?... embrassed of your own people....I stand up for my people anytime, any place and under any circumstances if the reason because we can speak english very well....but, what do I know I am old and I think differently.

Nangdarling,



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now



Laos needs the respect from the neighbouring countries and the world . So Laos need to developed nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biological weapon like north Korea.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:
Was Albert Einstein Lao? I don't think so. He also helped invent the nuclear bomb that killed many people, so what is your point? He didn't write or speak perfect english but he also didn't speak broken english. He surely made his ideas known to the world though E=mc2.

Albert Einstein didn't  help any body to build the nuclear bombs and didn't have any thing to do of killing any one. The other scientists used his famous equation E=MC2 to develop nuclear bombs , nuclear fission, nuclear fusion, laser ,,,,,etc until today because of his in site E=mC2  which leads us to the modern technologies today . Every thing are all pointing at E=MC2 , cell phone , TV , X Ray , laser, computers and even plasma rocket engine which could travel at the speed of 140,000 miles per hour and the power of the sun ( nuclear fusion) power of nature ( Star power ).  E=MC2  that means mass could be converted  into energy and also energy could also be converted  back to mass( matter and anti-matter ). That are all pointing to Albert Einstein from the creation of the universe about the big bang.( the atom, nuclear, proton, electron, neutron, quark , the black hole , dark matter, dark energy , galaxies and the multiple universe.

 



__________________
Laostyle

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now



Laos needs the respect from the neighbouring countries and the world . So Laos need to developed nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biological weapon like north Korea.

 

 



This is not respect! These are means of intimidation to the neighboring countries and the world, do not count me in ok buddy ! no

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Laostyle wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now



Laos needs the respect from the neighbouring countries and the world . So Laos need to developed nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biological weapon like north Korea.

 

 



This is not respect! These are means of intimidation to the neighboring countries and the world, do not count me in ok buddy ! no

 



Look at Israel bombs and modern weapons specially biological germ that could be able to infect million of people in matter of day if we could develop how to infected by air born . If Laos has those weapon our neighbouring countries will respect Laos better and no more look down at Laotian but if possible to build biological germ and cheaper and easier than nuclear and chemical weapon.

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

You know what I hate in this world, hypocrites. Parents that tell their kids to go to school, get a good education, go to university, study hard and get straight A's. Yet these parents didn't do it themselves and that's why they work in factories making minimum wage doing labour jobs and complain. They tell their kids, "you want to be like me and work hard at a job I hate everyday, then you better study hard". If you want to spend 30 years raising your kids in hopes they will have a good education, then good for you. I know many parents who tried that and their kids still join gangs and go to jail or have babies and then the parents become the shame of the Lao community. Those are just my thoughts Darling.

"Albert Einstein didn't help any body to build the nuclear bombs and didn't have any thing to do of killing any one."
"In November 1954, five months before his death, Einstein summarized his feelings about his role in the creation of the atomic bomb: "I made one great mistake in my life... when I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made; but there was some justification - the danger that the Germans would make them." (Clark, pg. 752). "
http://www.doug-long.com/einstein.htm

Albert Einstein's Atomic Bomb Error
His Greatest Mistake was Hiroshima and Nagasaki's Nightmare.
http://inventors.suite101.com/article.cfm/albert_einsteins_error

Sorry to burst your bubble but you should really stop worshipping Einstein and start believing in yourself, maybe then you can reach enlightenment.

You might want to do some research on Bell Labs since they did invent many of the things that you speak of, cell phones, computers, lasers. They created the transistor which changed the world. Just about everything electronics/computers are made from transistors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Labs

I think people should really do some more thinking/research before opening their mouths.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/atom.htm


What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now

Please answer this question accordingly.
Answer: 1

Just kidding, my real answer: 11. none of the above
That's why I gave my opinion instead of answering like a blind sheep following the herd. No one else answered the question accordingly either, maybe you should look at yourselves in the mirror first.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

equality , justice , kind and compassion  that's all LAO NEED to show to the world .

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

"Look at Israel bombs and modern weapons specially biological germ that could be able to infect million of people in matter of day if we could develop how to infected by air born . If Laos has those weapon our neighbouring countries will respect Laos better and no more look down at Laotian but if possible to build biological germ and cheaper and easier than nuclear and chemical weapon."

Dude, test those weapons on yourself and let me know how they work, then I will respect you. If you are so interested in weapons of mass distruction, then why don't you go take a look in the backyard of Laos where there are unexploded bombs that have killed/wounded many Laos people still and you want to create more of these? Biological weapons? You want to be the next Saddam Hussein or Hitler? Do you really want the Americans to have an excuse to come and destroy Laos again? Isreal, Pakistan, North Korea are not gaining anyones respect in the world, they are World War 3 waiting to happen.

http://www.everestinfo.org/laos2/index.php?page=Unexploded_Ordnance
http://www.uxolao.org/

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Re: P.S. The amount of broken english and
quality of posts on this board really shows how developed Laos is to
the rest of the world. I feel embarrassed and I hope this is not the
best that we have to offer so prove me wrong someone.
________________________________________________
These are some of the examples that I can prove you wrong. Just because you can't speak English properly or can't speak at all that has nothing to do with the developed of your country. On the other hand it is good if you can speak more than one languages as fluently and properly as your own language. smile






Maybe the Man want show off that his English is better than most of the people here 555. i. my self not that very goodat  english but i can get around and anywhere on the face of the Earth. and i sometimes, found that some of our member here have written a comments missing here and there. But we all pretty much understand what he/she trying to say. Please don't forget English is not our first languages, Maybe for the kids who were borned here or grewup here. and still it' might be advantages for them either...

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The only thing Laos really needs to show the world we are developing is an international standard education system. Everything else will follow.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 

Laostyle wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now



Laos needs the respect from the neighbouring countries and the world . So Laos need to developed nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biological weapon like north Korea.

 

 



This is not respect! These are means of intimidation to the neighboring countries and the world, do not count me in ok buddy ! no

 



Look at Israel bombs and modern weapons specially biological germ that could be able to infect million of people in matter of day if we could develop how to infected by air born . If Laos has those weapon our neighbouring countries will respect Laos better and no more look down at Laotian but if possible to build biological germ and cheaper and easier than nuclear and chemical weapon.

 

 



I'm Buddhist and Lord Buddha didn't teach his followers to gain respect from others by using means of intimidation, but rather from your compassion.
Lord Buddha also said, to love all beings pray.gif

Laotians are not terrorist and we do not need this kind of weapons to gain our respect.
Did the terrorist gain your respect it that why you came up with this?


 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

equality , justice , kind and compassion  that's all LAO NEED to show to the world .



I like your answers, you must be a true Buddhist , and one more thing,  well educated also. smile

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Laos don't need to show anybody anything, we don't need all of that franchise we can create ourself, just give little bit times you will see more and more Lao Expat will flocks in Laos with money technology and know how........give them time. 

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

You know what I hate in this world, hypocrites. Parents that tell their kids to go to school, get a good education, go to university, study hard and get straight A's. Yet these parents didn't do it themselves and that's why they work in factories making minimum wage doing labour jobs and complain. They tell their kids, "you want to be like me and work hard at a job I hate everyday, then you better study hard". If you want to spend 30 years raising your kids in hopes they will have a good education, then good for you. I know many parents who tried that and their kids still join gangs and go to jail or have babies and then the parents become the shame of the Lao community. Those are just my thoughts Darling.

"Albert Einstein didn't help any body to build the nuclear bombs and didn't have any thing to do of killing any one."
"In November 1954, five months before his death, Einstein summarized his feelings about his role in the creation of the atomic bomb: "I made one great mistake in my life... when I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made; but there was some justification - the danger that the Germans would make them." (Clark, pg. 752). "
http://www.doug-long.com/einstein.htm

Albert Einstein's Atomic Bomb Error
His Greatest Mistake was Hiroshima and Nagasaki's Nightmare.
http://inventors.suite101.com/article.cfm/albert_einsteins_error

Sorry to burst your bubble but you should really stop worshipping Einstein and start believing in yourself, maybe then you can reach enlightenment.

You might want to do some research on Bell Labs since they did invent many of the things that you speak of, cell phones, computers, lasers. They created the transistor which changed the world. Just about everything electronics/computers are made from transistors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Labs

I think people should really do some more thinking/research before opening their mouths.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/atom.htm


What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now

Please answer this question accordingly.
Answer: 1

Just kidding, my real answer: 11. none of the above
That's why I gave my opinion instead of answering like a blind sheep following the herd. No one else answered the question accordingly either, maybe you should look at yourselves in the mirror first.



You were wrong! I did gave only one answer already, and my advise for you is stop being an Ass and go back and read question CAREFULLY!than answer it accordingly
like the way I did.dohbleh

Example: 
Independent ! smile






 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now

"I did gave only one answer already"

Independent!
What number is that on the multiple choice question? Elementary school kids even know how to answer multiple choice questions accordingly.
"My advise for YOU is stop being an Ass and go back and read question CAREFULLY!than answer it ACCORDINGLY."

Also, it's not independent, the correct terminology is independence. It is not "than" but "then" answer it accordingly. If you weren't so hard headed, maybe you would actually try to learn a thing or two from me but that's typical Lao people for you, always trying to show up others and make yourself look better than everybody.

My original post about broken english wasn't an insult, nor was it directed at anyone. People just read it without thinking. It was constructive criticism but you people felt inferior and took it as an insult and tried to show me up but still got "pwned" in the end.

Also I did not call anyone names or use such inappropriate terms like "Ass" or call people names like Mr. English 101. Maybe these people need to understand how to debate in an adult like manner. Since they can't defeat their opponent in a civilized debate, they have to resort to defamation and insults rather than prove their points with facts, shameless.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

What is one things Laos need to have to show the world that we are developing ?

1. KFC everywhere
2. Big shopping mall everywhere
3. Starbuck everywhere
4. Amusement park, like disney land
5. Luxury 5-star hotel every where
6. Casino everywhere
7. Hots for Asian game
8. Get nobel prize
9. Have rapid train like in Japan
10. Doing nothing, it is O.K now

"I did gave only one answer already"

Independent!
What number is that on the multiple choice question? Elementary school kids even know how to answer multiple choice questions accordingly.
"My advise for YOU is stop being an Ass and go back and read question CAREFULLY!than answer it ACCORDINGLY."

Also, it's not independent, the correct terminology is independence. It is not "than" but "then" answer it accordingly. If you weren't so hard headed, maybe you would actually try to learn a thing or two from me but that's typical Lao people for you, always trying to show up others and make yourself look better than everybody.

My original post about broken english wasn't an insult, nor was it directed at anyone. People just read it without thinking. It was constructive criticism but you people felt inferior and took it as an insult and tried to show me up but still got "pwned" in the end.

Also I did not call anyone names or use such inappropriate terms like "Ass" or call people names like Mr. English 101. Maybe these people need to understand how to debate in an adult like manner. Since they can't defeat their opponent in a civilized debate, they have to resort to defamation and insults rather than prove their points with facts, shameless.



Excuse me for breathing,  the term that I used " Ass " even adult use it too! you just need to stop pretending like you never swear in your life, because you're an adult now. Oh, and one more think if a teach, you would be the kind that people would love to hate! Your teaching technique  SUCKS!!!!!!furious

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

If the nuclear ,chemical and biological weapon are bad why the China , Russia , the United States , Great britain , France , Israel, Pakistan , India and north Korea built them. So Lao need some also for protection. Laos are surrounding by the neighbouring countries which are trying to absorb Laos.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

If the nuclear ,chemical and biological weapon are bad why the China , Russia , the United States , Great britain , France , Israel, Pakistan , India and north Korea built them. So Lao need some also for protection. Laos are surrounding by the neighbouring countries which are trying to absorb Laos.



Perhaps, only for protection, but having the deadliest weapon in the word is not the answer for Laos as far as gaining respect.

For me , I' ll respect you if you are a person who have confidence, independence,  integrity, and kind.

I will fear in you if you have a gun.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Perhaps, only for protection, but having the deadliest weapon in the word is not the answer for Laos as far as gaining respect.

For me , I' ll respect you if you are a person who have confidence, independence,  integrity, and kind.

I will fear in you if you have a gun....................................

agree with you.  fear and respect are two different animal.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

You know what I hate in this world, hypocrites. Parents that tell their kids to go to school, get a good education, go to university, study hard and get straight A's. Yet these parents didn't do it themselves and that's why they work in factories making minimum wage doing labour jobs and complain. They tell their kids, "you want to be like me and work hard at a job I hate everyday, then you better study hard". If you want to spend 30 years raising your kids in hopes they will have a good education, then good for you. I know many parents who tried that and their kids still join gangs and go to jail or have babies and then the parents become the shame of the Lao community. Those are just my thoughts Darling.

__________________________________________________

Again, We are only here 30years, most of parents when arived speak/understand none to limited english we take what ever jobs we could get to support the family...even if its mean doing something we don't like and care for but its a job and thats what pay the rent/mortgage...depending on ones background some able to  improved...smart childrend will want to improved their life regardless of the parents educations/background...

fyi..here in America picking up garbages/clean the toilet/clean the street is not shameful...

when you make it and think these jobs are shameful thats is shameful...in my book.

Nangdarling

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

It is nice for Laos to have some protection such as the nuclear , chemical and biological weapons.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:
Permalink   

I think all should included. once there is chanel brand store like chanel handbags or chanel watches just like what online show on www.cheapchanelwatches.com and www.cheapchanelhandbags.com

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

I used to pick up garbage, wash other peoples dirty dishes, clean toilets just to put myself through school, so I don't think that is shameful. Do I still do those jobs now, if I wanted to yes, but I prefer not to now unless I had no other choice but to put food in my mouth somehow. If you are happy with what you are and what you have, fine. i will continue to strive forward.

Here in America, the illegal mexicans are willing to do all the dirty jobs that the lazy 'Americans' don't want to do like landscaping jobs out in the sun, clean toiliets and sewers. Someone has to do those jobs and that's why there are so many illegals.

I agree with having brand name stores like "Channel" on every corner to sell handbags cause that's what everyone needs in Laos even though they can't even afford to eat or go to school. I also think we need large condo's everywhere and highways and trains and traffic so destroy all the poor homes and forest and natural beauty so we can have a poluted city like everyone else in the world. I also think we should have big factories like in India and exploit our cheap labour by paying people 2 cents per day to work in them while the big international corps make all the profit and use their money outside of Laos. I also think we should have franchise restaurants come in and sell fast food and unhealthy food to Laos people so they can be just as fat as the rest of the world and then become lazy and don't know how to cook their own traditional food and further lose their culture. Can you say "would you like sticky rice with that?". We should also have movie theaters, theme parks and shopping malls all over the place so that our kids don't want to go to school anymore and just play games all day and spend money that they don't have by becoming prostitutes. But the number one thing that Laos needs to show the world that we are developed is corrupt leaders who use the countries money for their own personal benefit instead of for the good of the Laos people and their future by developing the society. Oh wait, we already do have those in Laos.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

I used to pick up garbage, wash other peoples dirty dishes, clean toilets just to put myself through school, so I don't think that is shameful. Do I still do those jobs now, if I wanted to yes, but I prefer not to now unless I had no other choice but to put food in my mouth somehow. If you are happy with what you are and what you have, fine. i will continue to strive forward.

Here in America, the illegal mexicans are willing to do all the dirty jobs that the lazy 'Americans' don't want to do like landscaping jobs out in the sun, clean toiliets and sewers. Someone has to do those jobs and that's why there are so many illegals.

I agree with having brand name stores like "Channel" on every corner to sell handbags cause that's what everyone needs in Laos even though they can't even afford to eat or go to school. I also think we need large condo's everywhere and highways and trains and traffic so destroy all the poor homes and forest and natural beauty so we can have a poluted city like everyone else in the world. I also think we should have big factories like in India and exploit our cheap labour by paying people 2 cents per day to work in them while the big international corps make all the profit and use their money outside of Laos. I also think we should have franchise restaurants come in and sell fast food and unhealthy food to Laos people so they can be just as fat as the rest of the world and then become lazy and don't know how to cook their own traditional food and further lose their culture. Can you say "would you like sticky rice with that?". We should also have movie theaters, theme parks and shopping malls all over the place so that our kids don't want to go to school anymore and just play games all day and spend money that they don't have by becoming prostitutes. But the number one thing that Laos needs to show the world that we are developed is corrupt leaders who use the countries money for their own personal benefit instead of for the good of the Laos people and their future by developing the society. Oh wait, we already do have those in Laos.



Hey if you're trying to help your people/country, this isn't the way to go about ok BIATCH!!

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

ok BIATCH!!

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

ok BIATCH!!



Oh no! you got it all wrong!..The only Biatch in the UNIVERSE is you!! That's right, since you can't bit them than just might as well take the order from them. What a sorry ass!!!!

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

Bit them? Take the order from them? Are you okay?

I can tell just how immature you are cause you call people names and can't control your own temper like a child. All you can do is insult me instead of giving a post that has some thought and insight to it. What have you contributed to this board but slander and animal like behaviour. I'm ashamed that you may be Laos cause your behaviour is disrespectful.

Learn how to debate with integrity and then people might actually think of you as a human being, until then just stay in your cage where you belong.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

Bit them? Take the order from them? Are you okay?

I can tell just how immature you are cause you call people names and can't control your own temper like a child. All you can do is insult me instead of giving a post that has some thought and insight to it. What have you contributed to this board but slander and animal like behaviour. I'm ashamed that you may be Laos cause your behaviour is disrespectful.

Learn how to debate with integrity and then people might actually think of you as a human being, until then just stay in your cage where you belong.




DOUBLE STANDARD!! yawnyawn



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

Hey can I ask you a question? Why do you hate me? All you do is post hatred towards me instead of writing something about the topic of what Laos needs to be developed. Are you stalking me around and trying to make me look like an evil person? Are you that jealous of me?

Are you annoyed by me now? Then my job here is done. Time for you to change your diapers cause I think they are a bit wet from all your pissing comments.

I think what Laos needs to show the world we are developed is a culture/society that has matured to the point where Lao people don't hate each other anymore and try to be better than one another. No more wars and power struggles, just unification and solidarity which will give pride and confidence back in the people. It will never happen cause we are too busy arguing online amongst ourselves. I guess it's better than doing it in real life like in Thailand and getting killed.

__________________
Guardian Angel

Date:
Permalink   

SayMyName wrote:

Hey can I ask you a question? Why do you hate me? All you do is post hatred towards me instead of writing something about the topic of what Laos needs to be developed. Are you stalking me around and trying to make me look like an evil person? Are you that jealous of me?

Are you annoyed by me now? Then my job here is done. Time for you to change your diapers cause I think they are a bit wet from all your pissing comments.

I think what Laos needs to show the world we are developed is a culture/society that has matured to the point where Lao people don't hate each other anymore and try to be better than one another. No more wars and power struggles, just unification and solidarity which will give pride and confidence back in the people. It will never happen cause we are too busy arguing online amongst ourselves. I guess it's better than doing it in real life like in Thailand and getting killed.



These questions are perfected for you !

DOUBLE STANDER BIATCH!!

This should be a taste of your own medicine to know how does it feel when you mock someone that you don't even know like the talented & lovely person such as Alexandra! Who's well liked by so many people.

Next time treat people like how you wanted to be treated & don't call anyone else BIATCH unless is your MOM!!furiousfurious



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

Wow you guys need to let the hate go cause it's not healthy.

Now you're talking about my dead mother? I hope she comes and haunts you.

The only double standard I see is you hating on me while calling me names because you think I am hating on your ditsy alexandria. Hating on me is okay because I don't like your alexandria? You don't have the right to tell me what I can and cannot like. I didn't start that stupid thread to begin with, someone else did, the real hater. I just gave my opinion of her and I think she is a biatch just like how you all keep calling me and my dead mother a biatch.

You don't know me foo, yet you "mock someone that you don't even know like the talented & lovely person such as" SayMyName! Who's well liked by so many people, that you don't know. How's that for double standard, biatch?

Take your own advice okay? Stop calling me biatch and telling me what to do. If I think alexiandraiafadfadd, whaterver her name is, if I think she' a biatch then that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, deal with it. I think her songs suck and are just rip off of others. I guess you can't take criticism because you are infatuated with her and kiss the ground she walks on, how pathetic can you be.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

It took you this long to come up with another denial, how lame!!!

Your mom should have taken you with her so you would have to suffer like this and besides the world will be less crowded o.k Say MyNameBiatch!

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Mr.!!! I think you should stop talk it mine be help a lot because you don't have any dream at all that mean you a dead man you don't know who's are you?
disbelief


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

we can't show nothing to world yet because lao peoples still can't get together yet! our peoples don't want to  follow the rules,think smart more than the other, right ?including my selft too , we are still under somebody ! if lao peoples living in laos and laos peoples  living in the freedom world shake hand and forget everything from  the past start over




no you don't know what you talking about, look!!! no dream no future you know what's call: dead man.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:
Permalink   

you need to stop cutting down your trees and develop eco-tourism .... responsible development....

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard