Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Weird fruit in Laos (Photo)
Anonymous

Date:
Weird fruit in Laos (Photo)
Permalink   


Do you know what is this fruit ?





This photo was taken near Tad Xuam waterfall, south Laos



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

why don't you ask them what kind of fruit is it? before taking those pictures.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Mak Tour Lean



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Maybe it is a poisonous fruit.
Poisonous fruits come in colorful color biggrin

__________________
Aitch

Date:
Permalink   

This fruit is Mak Kao, best eaten when it is ripe, ie: orange, red.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Mak Kao is a fruit that we can't eat like the other fruits. This fruit you have to cook it first before you can eat. Here how they cook: Cut in half a fruit to open then scoop out its meat and seeds in to a pot or big bowl,add cooking ingredient in to it and mix good before remove from a pot or mixing bowl. Put finished fruit mix in to banana leave paunch. Again, put a fruit paunch in steam bamboo basket or steam pot. Let it steam til done cooked and eat with sticky rice. Mak Kao is some kind of food eat with rice like the others. Taste like Mouk Smong Moo ( Stem pig brain ). We crunched its seeds and use for " Choop Phuck " Ingredient.

This fruit mostly northern Lao people like to eat it.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Mak Kao is a fruit that we can't eat like the other fruits. This fruit you have to cook it first before you can eat. Here how they cook: Cut in half a fruit to open then scoop out its meat and seeds in to a pot or big bowl,add cooking ingredient in to it and mix good before remove from a pot or mixing bowl. Put finished fruit mix in to banana leave paunch. Again, put a fruit paunch in steam bamboo basket or steam pot. Let it steam til done cooked and eat with sticky rice. Mak Kao is some kind of food eat with rice like the others. Taste like Mouk Smong Moo ( Stem pig brain ). We crunched its seeds and use for " Choop Phuck " Ingredient.

This fruit mostly northern Lao people like to eat it.



do you remove those spikes first or not?

I should have this fruit in my house and us it on BURGLAR! LOL

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

Mak Kao is a fruit that we can't eat like the other fruits. This fruit you have to cook it first before you can eat. Here how they cook: Cut in half a fruit to open then scoop out its meat and seeds in to a pot or big bowl,add cooking ingredient in to it and mix good before remove from a pot or mixing bowl. Put finished fruit mix in to banana leave paunch. Again, put a fruit paunch in steam bamboo basket or steam pot. Let it steam til done cooked and eat with sticky rice. Mak Kao is some kind of food eat with rice like the others. Taste like Mouk Smong Moo ( Stem pig brain ). We crunched its seeds and use for " Choop Phuck " Ingredient.

This fruit mostly northern Lao people like to eat it.



do you remove those spikes first or not?

I should have this fruit in my house and us it on BURGLAR! LOL

 

 



Yes, we can eat just inside like we eat jack fruit and durian, only different to eat is cook first.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

This is not a fruit!!!!!!!,

In LAOS we use this as a soccer(football) to train our national football team....as you can see we naturally grow our own sporting equipment.

We train with natural equipment and not artificial thats why we won the 4 nation tournament recently..... :)biggrin


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

i thought it a jackfruit, no?

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

Mak Kao is a fruit that we can't eat like the other fruits. This fruit you have to cook it first before you can eat. Here how they cook: Cut in half a fruit to open then scoop out its meat and seeds in to a pot or big bowl,add cooking ingredient in to it and mix good before remove from a pot or mixing bowl. Put finished fruit mix in to banana leave paunch. Again, put a fruit paunch in steam bamboo basket or steam pot. Let it steam til done cooked and eat with sticky rice. Mak Kao is some kind of food eat with rice like the others. Taste like Mouk Smong Moo ( Stem pig brain ). We crunched its seeds and use for " Choop Phuck " Ingredient.

This fruit mostly northern Lao people like to eat it.



do you remove those spikes first or not?

I should have this fruit in my house and us it on BURGLAR! LOL

 

 



Yes, we can eat just inside like we eat jack fruit and durian, only different to eat is cook first.

 



Yes, that's right... Mark Khao is not often be eaten but the leaves is the best source of vegetable, villagers like cooking leaves mix with meat , e.g, Mok

 



__________________
Anestor Mezzomo

Date:
Permalink   

Garcinia cochinchinensis - Cucurbitaceae - Gac Fruit
http://www.google.com.br/images?hl=pt-BR&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&q=gac%20fruit&tbs=isch:1

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:
Permalink   

Also called as the trumpet, that 's easy to make a design in the following designs and styles in their thoughts after hearing the names of the people. Also the name suggests, wedding gowns mermaid bridal maids look exactly like dolce Tues. The designers of her best little black dresses under $100 mermaid wedding, especially accentuate the female-owned. Sexy silhouette with thin, mostly girls are attracted to this type of clothing.


__________________

Collections of wedding blog as Buy dresses online,Weddings in your mind,New fashion ideas for 2012 and so on



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:
Permalink   

This kind of fruit name for durian.



__________________

Buy 2012 newest style for wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses and evening dresses,wholesale wedding dresses,We offer first class service,exciting price and beautiful dress.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

durian?



__________________
Garden of Hope Laos

Date:
Permalink   

i think Mak khao is breadfruit... but the leaves are not clear...so i do not know... but it is probably one of these : durian, jackfruit , champedak or breadfruit



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard