Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Vientiane in the early 1960s
Anonymous

Date:
Vientiane in the early 1960s
Permalink   


Ever wonder how Vientiane looks like 48 years ago?

6d85ddd4856e415d_landing

Talat Sao

d6440f8448975fb8_landing

76c2ef854453c54c_landing

link :
http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?imgurl=dd76c680f288895a&q=vientiane%20%20source:life&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvientiane%2B%2Bsource:life%26hl%3Den
dd76c680f288895a_landing

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2386
Date:
Permalink   

nice photos, thank for sharing

__________________


animated-graphics247.gif





Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1442
Date:
Permalink   

Wow!!! After 48 years, the old Ta Lard Saow is still standing strong.  Kob jai der for sharing the pictures and link.  I have to print some of these pictures and show it to my parents, they might know or recognize someone in the pictures.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 517
Date:
Permalink   

somehow almost everything looks the same even about 5 decades after.

if someone was to add some colors, i would believe it's present day. confuse



__________________

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

THE picture n* three where is it ? I really don`t know



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The morning market is not much different from what it is today aww
Thank you for sharing
Sharing is caring
caring is sharing
caring = sharing = love aww

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

kob jai lai lai der for sharing this pix.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2386
Date:
Permalink   

Ta lat sao was really famous and attractive for people who live outside vientiane, I remember the first time I Visited vientiane when i was high school, wow, vientiane was a big city,man and very crowed compared to small city like thakhek. Unfortunately the old morning market is destroyed and building the new one that not really Lao style.

-- Edited by khonthakek on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 04:25:00 AM

__________________


animated-graphics247.gif





Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 51
Date:
Permalink   

it's very cassic !!

__________________

lao boy in uk

LaotionBoy

Date:
Permalink   

 

Nice.
Thanks for sharing.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I love the Lan Xang Kingdom, not cause of the last King, but it's the deep history behind the Erawan flag. The blood shed building the Lan Xang Kingdom. My parents told me the last monarchy did not do much for the country that's why farmers and uneducated people rebel. In my mind I'm sure it could of done better w/ the Kings than the recent government. Again we still have deep culture and un rape tourist area thanks to the communist... sigh* I wish we have a King, if he's bad than maybe his son or cousin we'll be a better King.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I love the Lan Xang Kingdom, not cause of the last King, but it's the deep history behind the Erawan flag. The blood shed building the Lan Xang Kingdom. My parents told me the last monarchy did not do much for the country that's why farmers and uneducated people rebel. In my mind I'm sure it could of done better w/ the Kings than the recent government. Again we still have deep culture and un rape tourist area thanks to the communist... sigh* I wish we have a King, if he's bad than maybe his son or cousin we'll be a better King.



You are so ignorant ! kid, when was the last time you've visited Laos? let me tell you this for the way Lao is right now, pretty soon Laos will be either Little China or Vietnam . Do you think that all the intelligent people some were killed by the communist and some fled the country if they have a chance to run the country   who do you think could do a better job and make faster progress? Why do you think Laos is still on the list of world most poorest country? and slowly develop country? that's because in the past 34 years this country only been run by dummies like( ai nong ) untill this day many places in Laos still look like it war 34 yrs ago and the fashion for the people over their is so hill billy or dated , because they are so out of touch with out sider for so long.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

HELLO PPLES I M ASKING PICTURE N* 3 WHERE IS IT ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:
Permalink   

         
                   I will give you  THUMP up     If you can tell me.
       Where OLD TALAT SAO ( MORNING MARKET ) Was ? about 1950. (Befor this one)
        

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

I love the Lan Xang Kingdom, not cause of the last King, but it's the deep history behind the Erawan flag. The blood shed building the Lan Xang Kingdom. My parents told me the last monarchy did not do much for the country that's why farmers and uneducated people rebel. In my mind I'm sure it could of done better w/ the Kings than the recent government. Again we still have deep culture and un rape tourist area thanks to the communist... sigh* I wish we have a King, if he's bad than maybe his son or cousin we'll be a better King.



You are so ignorant ! kid, when was the last time you've visited Laos? let me tell you this for the way Lao is right now, pretty soon Laos will be either Little China or Vietnam . Do you think that all the intelligent people some were killed by the communist and some fled the country if they have a chance to run the country   who do you think could do a better job and make faster progress? Why do you think Laos is still on the list of world most poorest country? and slowly develop country? that's because in the past 34 years this country only been run by dummies like( ai nong ) untill this day many places in Laos still look like it war 34 yrs ago and the fashion for the people over their is so hill billy or dated , because they are so out of touch with out sider for so long.

 



Well, could you please name the most smartest person who can get us out of the economy hardship. as i read the history of our country.between 1946-1975 got independent from france. i don't see any our lao leaders or any royals families do anything for laos and our lao people, only fought each others. you probably think that if our country do not by communist and our country should look like or better than Brunie ha.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

HELLO PPLES I M ASKING PICTURE N* 3 WHERE IS IT ?



Hello friend picture No: 3 it looks like Saylom accross from Talad xao

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 500
Date:
Permalink   

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... 



i love vintage photos like that. they speak so much. the 2nd photo looked like "vietnamese" though, with those conical straw hats and umbrellas. i am no expert on vintage lao, so im just stating observations the way i see them.



thanks for sharing those photos.









__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yes those are Vietnamese in picture #2. but take a look again and you'll see some ladies wearing "sinh". Those umbrellas are the traditional kind, not those cheap plastic umbrellas you'll see today. Well I prefer the traditional Lao style umbrellas because they're more attractive.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

HELLO PPLES I M ASKING PICTURE N* 3 WHERE IS IT ?



Hello friend picture No: 3 it looks like Saylom accross from Talad xao

 



                  I am not sure about picture N* 3 , It is not look a like Vientiane arear

              Because, we don't have tall building like that at that time. NO IDEAR. ?

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   



76c2ef854453c54c_landing

The 3rd picture is not Lao or Vietnam but China as you may seen the signs in Chinese language.



__________________
Canberra

Date:
Permalink   

My first trip back home was in 1994 and at that time Vientiane and Pakse still not big changes, but Vientiane and Pakse now changed a lot. In February this year when I was in Pakse for attending my nephew wedding, I met a Pakse couple who is living in Germany now, and this is the first time they came back and visited Pakse since they left they country, and they told us, they were very impressed and quite shocked to see Pakse changing, they said, they could not remember many things because the development of the city now. Anyway I saw some nice and interesting about Pakse in Flick.com, if you want to see those pictures , just type Pakse, and you will see them. Cheer.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2386
Date:
Permalink   

this is also old vientiane in 70s

4eme_Mx_1972-73.73195420_std.jpg

LyceeIDCard-2eAB-1_1974-75_B.8884505_std.jpg

Certificate0fCompletion-InstructionEnglishCourse-1974.75215126_std.jpg


http://www.lyceedevientiane.com/we_were_then_2

__________________


animated-graphics247.gif



Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Why have to be that way.......bleh

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

sweet16 wrote:

it's very cassic !!



THAT SUCK GUYS

 



__________________
laoboy

Date:
Permalink   

ປັດຈຸນີ້ ປະເທດລາວກະບໍ່ແຕກຕ່າງກັບປີ 1960  ປານໃດ ທີ່ແຕກຕ່າງແດ່ກະແມ່ນນິໃສຄົນ ແຕ່ຄວາມທຸກຍາກລຳ
ບາກຂອງປະຊາຊົນແຕ່ລະແຂວງຍັງເຫມືອນ ໆ ເດິມ  ສິ່ງກໍ່ສ້າງທີ່ເປັນຫນ້າຕາຂອງປະເທດກະຍັງຄືເກົ່າ ມີຫໍ ຄຳ ອະນຸສາວະລີ ແລະທາດຫລວງ ບໍ່ມີບ່ອນໃດ ຫນ້າປະທັບໃຈກົ່ວເກົ່າ ມີແຕ່ເຄື່ອງໃຊ້ທີ່ນາຍທືນນຳເຂົ້າມາ ທີ່ປ໋ຽນແປງ

ເຊັ່ນໂທລະສັບມືຖື ໂທລະທັດ ລົດສຳຫລັບເຈົ້ານາຍ ແລະຄົນມີເງີນບໍ່ພໍເທົ່າໃດຄົນ ຖ້າທຽບໃສ່ຄົນໃນປະເທດລາວ

ແລ້ວ ການປ່ຽນແປງບໍ່ໄດ້ເຮັດໃຫ້ປະຊາຊົນສ່ວນຫລາຍດີຂື້ນເລີຍ ແຕ່ດີຂື້ນສະເພາະກຸ່ມເຈົ້ານາຍ ແລະວົງສາຄາລະຍາດຂອງພວກເຂົາເທົ່ານັ້ນ ທີ່ມີເຮືອນຫລັງໃຫຍ່ ມີເງີນໃຊ້ຈ່າຍຟຸມເຟືອຍ ມີລົດຄັນງາມ ໆ ຂີ່

ແຕ່ປະຊາຊົນຍັງລຳບາກເຫມືອນເດຶມ ແລະໂຮງຮຽນຍັງເຫມືອນເດຶມ  ລະບົບການສືກສາກະກ້າວຫນ້າບາງກຸ່ມເທົ່ານັ້ນເອງ ໂອກາດຂອງເດັກນ້ອຍລາວກະມີນ້ອຍສ່ວນຫລາຍສິເປັນລູກເຈົ້າລູກນາຍຫລາຍກວ່າ  ສິ່ງທີປ່ຽນແປງຫລາຍທີ່ສຸດຄື

ຊັບພະຍາກອນທຳມະຊາດ ຫມົດຈາກປະເທດລາວຢ່າງຫລວງຫລາຍ ແລະຄົນຕ່າງປະເທດມາເປັນເຈົ້າຂອງທີ່ດີນໃນລາວຫລາຍທີ່ສຸດນີ້ຄືການປ່ຽນເເປງທີ່ຍິ່ງໃຫຍ່



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   



ອັນນີ້ເຂົາເອີ້ນວາ່ແມ່ນການຄ້ວາບຄຸມຂອງລະບົບທີ່ບໍ່ມີເສຣີພາ້ມໃຫ້ແກ່ປະຊາຊົນ
ນີ້ແມ່ນ ສປປລ ຫຼືແມ່ນ ອາ້ຍນອ້ງແນວລາວ

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ວ່າເປັນຄົນ100 ເປີເຊັນ, ຄືວ່າບັດນັກຣຽນຄືບໍ່ແມ່ນຂຽນເປັນພາສາລາວ, ເບີ່ງໄປແລ້ວຂື້ນກັບຝັ່ໍະລ່ັງກັບອາເມລິກາມົດເລີຍ.ດຽວນີ້ບັດນັກຮຽນເປັນພາສາລາວຫມົດແລ້ວ,ພວກຫົວລຸ່ນເກົ່າມີແຕ່ຈົ່ມ,ຄັນເກັ່ງແທ້ຫນີໄປຕາຍເຮັດຫັຍງຢູ່ຕ່າງປະເທດ. ໄປເປັນຂ້ອຍເຂົາເສຍພາສີ,ເຮັດວຽກທັງເວັນແລະຄືນດຫາເງີນະຈ່າຍຄ່າເຮອືນ,ຜ່ອນຄ່າລົດ,ກີນຢູ່,ປະກັນໄພ,ບ່ອນຈະຝັງສົບແລະອື່ນຯຍັງບໍ່ກຸ້ມແລ້ວ ປານນັ້ນຍັງວ່າໂຕເກັ່ງ ບໍເຊືອ່ດອກ.ນີ້ລະເຂົາເອີ້ນວ່າ ຫມາເຫົ່າຊ້າງ.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ແມ່ນໃດເວີ່ຍ,ຄືກັບເຈົ້າໃດ,ບັດນັກຮຽນອຸດົມວຽງຈັນ ແຕ່ພັດບໍ່ມີພາສາລາວພໍໂຕ,ອີກຍັງມາອ້າງວ່າໂຕຮັກຊາດ,ຈັກມັນຮັກຢູ່ບ່ອນໃດຫວາ. ເຫັນແຕ່ຄົນຂາຍຊາດຫັ້ນແລ້ວ,ຂາຍຊາດແທ້ຯນີ້ນ່າ. ຂໍຖາມແດ່ວ່າ ປະຊາທິປະໄຕ ກັບສັນຕິພາບແລະຄວາມສະຫງົບອັນໃດດີກວ່າ ແລະອັນໃດເປັນບຸລິມະສິດ ແລະດີເລີດ.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

ວ່າເປັນຄົນ100 ເປີເຊັນ, ຄືວ່າບັດນັກຣຽນຄືບໍ່ແມ່ນຂຽນເປັນພາສາລາວ, ເບີ່ງໄປແລ້ວຂື້ນກັບຝັ່ໍະລ່ັງກັບອາເມລິກາມົດເລີຍ.ດຽວນີ້ບັດນັກຮຽນເປັນພາສາລາວຫມົດແລ້ວ,ພວກຫົວລຸ່ນເກົ່າມີແຕ່ຈົ່ມ,ຄັນເກັ່ງແທ້ຫນີໄປຕາຍເຮັດຫັຍງຢູ່ຕ່າງປະເທດ. ໄປເປັນຂ້ອຍເຂົາເສຍພາສີ,ເຮັດວຽກທັງເວັນແລະຄືນດຫາເງີນະຈ່າຍຄ່າເຮອືນ,ຜ່ອນຄ່າລົດ,ກີນຢູ່,ປະກັນໄພ,ບ່ອນຈະຝັງສົບແລະອື່ນຯຍັງບໍ່ກຸ້ມແລ້ວ ປານນັ້ນຍັງວ່າໂຕເກັ່ງ ບໍເຊືອ່ດອກ.ນີ້ລະເຂົາເອີ້ນວ່າ ຫມາເຫົ່າຊ້າງ.



ເຫັນແຕ່ຊາ້ງນີ້ແລ້ວຖື່ກແຕ່ເຈົ້າຂອງກົດຂີ່ຂົ່ມເຫັງແລະໄຊ້ເຮັດວຽກຫນັກເຫຼືອບາ່ກວ່າແຮງ
ແລ້ວໄດ້ກິນແຕ່ຫຍ້າເຜາະວ່ານາຍລຽ້ງເອົາອ້ອຍໄປກິນເຫມິດ ເຫມືອນກັນກັບຊີວິດຂອງ
ປະຊາຊົນຂອງເມືອງລາວສະໄຫມປະຈຸບັນນີ້ນໍ້ ຈັ່ງຊັ້ນແລ້ວປະຊາຊົນລາວເປັນຈຳນວນມາກມາຍຈັ່ງພາກັນຂາ່ມໄປເຮັດວຽ້ກຢູ່ເມືອງໄທເຜາະ
ເຜາະມັນກູ້ມເຮື່ອກູ້ມແຮງແລະທີ່ຊຸດກະະບໍ່ໄດ້ກິນແຕ່ຫຍ້າຄືໂຕຊາ້ງnono

 



__________________
katieukatie

Date:
Permalink   

This girl  picture is look like my ex gilrfriend..........
please showing more three head elephant  flag too..
because we love its......nerver foget.....
you great job for younger generation........

happy new year 2010.....



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:



76c2ef854453c54c_landing

The 3rd picture is not Lao or Vietnam but China as you may seen the signs in Chinese language.


 What country doesn't have Chinese signs?  Please name one.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:



76c2ef854453c54c_landing

The 3rd picture is not Lao or Vietnam but China as you may seen the signs in Chinese language.


 What country doesn't have Chinese signs?  Please name one.


 Palestine, Israel and Kuwait.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

sweet16 wrote:

it's very cassic !!


 You mean lao fag in UK.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard