Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: What will china be talking with south Korea about North korea issue?
Anonymous

Date:
What will china be talking with south Korea about North korea issue?
Permalink   


The Chinese Premier, Wen Jiabao, is visiting South Korea amid continuing tension over the sinking - allegedly by North Korea - of a South Korean warship in March.

The issue is expected to dominate Mr Wen's talks on Friday with the South Korean President, Lee Myung-bak.

International investigators have blamed North Korea for sinking the warship.

But China has so far refused to join in the widespread condemnation of its old ally, Pyongyang.

The Chinese state news agency Xinhua quoted the Chinese ambassador to South Korea, Zhang Xinsen, as saying the visit would "strongly boost" ties between the two countries.

The BBC's correspondent in Seoul, John Sudworth, says however, that China is in an uncomfortable position.

Frustration

He says China's refusal, so far, to join the strong, international condemnation of North Korea is causing frustration in Seoul.

SINKING OF CHEONAN - KEY DATES

Continue reading the main story A giant offshore crane salvages the bow section of the South  Korean naval ship Cheonan off Baengnyeong Island, South Korea, file  picture from 24 April 2010
  • March 26: Explosion hits naval corvette near disputed maritime border, killing 46 on board
  • May 20: Independent investigators produce proof North Korean torpedo struck vessel
  • May 24: South Korea declares trade with North frozen, demands apology
  • May 25: North Korea announces it is severing all ties with South
Korean propaganda fight Korean War armistice Q&A: Cheonan sinking Timeline: North Korean attacks

There are calls for China to come off the fence and choose between its old, cold war alliance with Pyongyang and its new role as a modern, global power.

Some news reports suggest that Mr Wen will, albeit subtly and carefully, move closer to the South Korean position on this visit, choosing a form of words that at least placates some of the anger.

But, our correspondent adds, China's priority is stability on its borders and it will be reluctant to sign up to anything it thinks will provoke its North Korean neighbour.

Since being accused of the torpedo strike on the South Korean ship, North Korea has said it will scrap an agreement aimed at preventing accidental naval clashes with South Korea.

It also warned of an immediate attack if the South's navy violated the disputed Yellow Sea borderline.

On Tuesday, North Korea announced it would sever all ties with the South.

The Yellow Sea was the site of deadly naval skirmishes in 1999 and 2002.

The two states are technically still at war after the Korean conflict ended without a peace treaty in 1953.

Map

__________________
Speak-out

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The Chinese Premier, Wen Jiabao, is visiting South Korea amid continuing tension over the sinking - allegedly by North Korea - of a South Korean warship in March.

The issue is expected to dominate Mr Wen's talks on Friday with the South Korean President, Lee Myung-bak.

International investigators have blamed North Korea for sinking the warship.

But China has so far refused to join in the widespread condemnation of its old ally, Pyongyang.

The Chinese state news agency Xinhua quoted the Chinese ambassador to South Korea, Zhang Xinsen, as saying the visit would "strongly boost" ties between the two countries.

The BBC's correspondent in Seoul, John Sudworth, says however, that China is in an uncomfortable position.

Frustration

He says China's refusal, so far, to join the strong, international condemnation of North Korea is causing frustration in Seoul.

SINKING OF CHEONAN - KEY DATES

Continue reading the main story A giant offshore crane salvages the bow section of the South  Korean naval ship Cheonan off Baengnyeong Island, South Korea, file  picture from 24 April 2010
  • March 26: Explosion hits naval corvette near disputed maritime border, killing 46 on board
  • May 20: Independent investigators produce proof North Korean torpedo struck vessel
  • May 24: South Korea declares trade with North frozen, demands apology
  • May 25: North Korea announces it is severing all ties with South
Korean propaganda fight Korean War armistice Q&A: Cheonan sinking Timeline: North Korean attacks

There are calls for China to come off the fence and choose between its old, cold war alliance with Pyongyang and its new role as a modern, global power.

Some news reports suggest that Mr Wen will, albeit subtly and carefully, move closer to the South Korean position on this visit, choosing a form of words that at least placates some of the anger.

But, our correspondent adds, China's priority is stability on its borders and it will be reluctant to sign up to anything it thinks will provoke its North Korean neighbour.

Since being accused of the torpedo strike on the South Korean ship, North Korea has said it will scrap an agreement aimed at preventing accidental naval clashes with South Korea.

It also warned of an immediate attack if the South's navy violated the disputed Yellow Sea borderline.

On Tuesday, North Korea announced it would sever all ties with the South.

The Yellow Sea was the site of deadly naval skirmishes in 1999 and 2002.

The two states are technically still at war after the Korean conflict ended without a peace treaty in 1953.

Map

What will China be talking  with South Korea ??  Well, Beijing doesn't want to pull the plug on North Korea, But, it also offers sympathy and support to the South, a major trading partner,  Relations between the Koreas have worsened  sine a team of the international investigators concluded that Torpedo from a North Korean submarine tore apart a South Korean warship on March 26, Killing 46 sailors. and the North flatly denies involvement in the sinking of the Cheonan. and as of presentday, North and the South have technically remained at war sine the 1950-53 Korean war ended with an armistice rather than a peace treaty..

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

i think china will send their iron men to kill American!

__________________
Speak-out

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

i think china will send their iron men to kill American!



With all due respect Brother Anonymous, i think, your Chinese iron mans not ready for Superpower like America.. of course, i acknowledged Mao's troops crashed Kuemingtang of Chiang Kaichek before they taken over China. But to kill American as you said" Ha, Ha, Ha.. your dream!!

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Speak-out wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

i think china will send their iron men to kill American!



With all due respect Brother Anonymous, i think, your Chinese iron mans not ready for Superpower like America.. of course, i acknowledged Mao's troops crashed Kuemingtang of Chiang Kaichek before they taken over China. But to kill American as you said" Ha, Ha, Ha.. your dream!!

 

 



i agree with you respectful speak out,Mao was afraid of American troop, thats chinese troop wouldn't attact and take over the Taiwan island...

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2386
Date:
Permalink   

updated:


ນາຍົກລັດຖະມົນຕີຈີນ ທ່ານເຫວັນ ເຈຍບາວ ກ່າວວ່າ ລັດຖະບານຂອງທ່ານ ຈະບໍ່ໃຫ້ການ ປົກປ້ອງຄຸ້ມຄອງ ຜູ້ໃດກໍຕາມ ທີ່ຮັບຜິດຊອບ ຕໍ່ການໂຈມຕີ ກຳປັ່ນລົບ ຂອງເກົາຫລີໃຕ້.

ທ່ານເຫວັນ ໃຫ້ທັດສະນະດັ່ງກ່າວ ໃນລະຫວ່າງ ການພົບປະ ກັບປະທານາທິບໍດີ ເກົາຫຼີໃຕ້ ທ່ານ LEE MYUNG BAK ທີ່ກຸງໂຊລ ອີງຕາມຄຳເວົ້າ ໂຄສົກຂອງທ່ານ LEE.

ເກົາຫຼີໃຕ້ ກ່າວຫາເກົາຫຼີເໜືອວ່າ ຈົມກຳປັ່ນລົບ CHEONAN ໃນວັນທີ 26 ມີນາ ຜ່ານມາ ໂດຍເຈຕະນາ ທີ່ເຮັດໃຫ້ ທະຫານເຮືອ ເກົາຫຼີໃຕ້ 46 ຄົນ ເສຍຊີວິດໄປນັ້ນ.

ມີການອ້າງ ຄຳເວົ້າຂອງທ່ານເຫວັນ ທີ່ກ່າວວ່າ ປັກກິ່ງ ຈະທຳການຕັດສິນໃຈ ຂັ້ນສຸດທ້າຍ “ແບບກົງໄປກົງມາ ແລະຍຸຕິທຳ” ຫລັງຈາກຕົນ ໄດ້ທົບທວນເບິ່ງ ລາຍງານການສືບສວນ ຂອງນາໆຊາດ.

ຜູ້ນຳຂອງຈີີນ ໄດ້ເດີນທາງໄປເຖິງ ເກົາຫລີໃຕ້ ໃນຕອນເຊົ້າ ຂອງວັນສຸກມື້ນີ້ ເພື່ອພົບປະ ເຈລະຈາ ແບບເຊິ່ງໜ້າ ກັບທ່ານ LEE ແລະໃນວັນເສົາ ມື້ອື່ນ ຜູ້ນຳທັງສອງ ຈະເດີນທາງ ໄປຍັງເກາະ ຕາກອາກາດ JEJU ເພື່ອພົບປະ ສຸດຍອດ 3 ຝ່າຍ ທີ່ພົວພັນກັບ ນາຍົກລັດຖະມົນຕີ ຢູກີໂອະ ຮາໂຕຢາມະ ຂອງຍີ່ປຸ່ນ ນຳດ້ວຍ.

-- Edited by khonthakek on Saturday 29th of May 2010 03:14:56 AM

__________________


animated-graphics247.gif





Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 693
Date:
Permalink   

Speak-out wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

i think china will send their iron men to kill American!



With all due respect Brother Anonymous, i think, your Chinese iron mans not ready for Superpower like America.. of course, i acknowledged Mao's troops crashed Kuemingtang of Chiang Kaichek before they taken over China. But to kill American as you said" Ha, Ha, Ha.. your dream!!




Haha the Chinese Iron men. Of course , all the American kids like Iron men toys which were made in China

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 693
Date:
Permalink   

Today it is the 21 century and China economy is very good and The Chinese people want to enjoy their money and have a wonderful life and also their best Chinese costomers is the American. So why the China need to have war which will bring China to starve like in 1950 again. Soon and later China will be like Soviet Union and abandon the communism.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Dark Angel wrote:

Today it is the 21 century and China economy is very good and The Chinese people want to enjoy their money and have a wonderful life and also their best Chinese costomers is the American. So why the China need to have war which will bring China to starve like in 1950 again. Soon and later China will be like Soviet Union and abandon the communism.



Black angel, who says that, china is communist...?? give me some evidents?

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 500
Date:
Permalink   

do we really allow nations to sink ships without sanctions? this will give them the idea that it is alright to commit dastardly acts and no one would bother punishing them. in a civilized world, "crime and punishment" should go together. there are consequences to your acts.





__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

updated

China's Wen urges Koreas to avoid clashes

SEOGWIPO, South Korea — China's Premier Wen Jiabao said Sunday there is an "urgent" need to avoid clashes and ease tensions following the sinking of a South Korean warship.

But Wen, speaking after a summit with the Japanese and South Korean leaders, gave no indication that China is ready to join them in blaming North Korea for the incident.

"The urgent task now is to defuse the impact of the Cheonan incident, change the tense situation and avoid clashes," he told a press conference.

"China will actively communicate with relevant parties and lead the situation to help promote peace and stability in the region, which fits our common and long-term interests best."

South Korea announced reprisals against the North after international investigators reported on May 20 that a North Korean submarine fired a torpedo to sink the Cheonan with the loss of 46 lives.

The North denies involvement and has responded to the reprisals with threats of war.

South Korea, the United States and Japan are seeking China's support to sanction -- or, at least, to censure -- North Korea at the United Nations Security Council.

Wen expressed condolences to the families of the victims and said China would work to promote regional peace and stability, but made no other comments about the sinking.

South Korea's President Lee Myung-Bak, at a joint press conference with Wen and Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama, said he expects "wise cooperation" by the neighbouring countries in handling the disaster.

Hatoyama, whose country Friday announced new sanctions on the North over the incident, said the three leaders agreed "that this is a serious issue related to peace and stability in Northeast Asia".

 

 

which side will Lao PDR follow between china, south korea and North Korea???



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard