Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Please explain the meaning of Lao proverb
Anonymous

Date:
Please explain the meaning of Lao proverb
Permalink   


''Khon bor ark jak banh bor hen danh  denh gai, khon bor pai ha hien  bau mee khuam hoo''  how to transtate to englis?

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

" ຄົນບໍ່ອອກຈາກບ້ານ ບໍ່ເຫັນດ່ານແດນໄກ
  ຄົນບໍ່ໄປຫາຮຽນ ບໍ່ຮອນມີຄວາມຮູ້ "

This Lao statement simply implies the importance of learning, if we don't go outside, we will hardly see how is the world is developing, if we don't go for study, we won't have any knowledge.

I am disagree with this statement, because we are now in the IT world, people can learn things just infront of their computer, and no need to go out, or go to school just to learn for something. 

What do you think ? 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 

" ຄົນບໍ່ອອກຈາກບ້ານ ບໍ່ເຫັນດ່ານແດນໄກ
ຄົນບໍ່ໄປຫາຮຽນ ບໍ່ຮອນມີຄວາມຮູ້ "

This Lao statement simply implies the importance of learning, if we don't go outside, we will hardly see how is the world is developing, if we don't go for study, we won't have any knowledge.

I am disagree with this statement, because we are now in the IT world, people can learn things just infront of their computer, and no need to go out, or go to school just to learn for something. 

What do you think ?

 



In one word WRONG!!!

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 

" ຄົນບໍ່ອອກຈາກບ້ານ ບໍ່ເຫັນດ່ານແດນໄກ
ຄົນບໍ່ໄປຫາຮຽນ ບໍ່ຮອນມີຄວາມຮູ້ "

This Lao statement simply implies the importance of learning, if we don't go outside, we will hardly see how is the world is developing, if we don't go for study, we won't have any knowledge.

I am disagree with this statement, because we are now in the IT world, people can learn things just infront of their computer, and no need to go out, or go to school just to learn for something. 

What do you think ?

 



it is not enough just to learn in front of your computer, so  i disagree with you, i agree with the proverb.


__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I am disagree with this statement, because we are now in the IT world, people can learn things just infront of their computer, and no need to go out, or go to school just to learn for something. 

What do you think ?




Would you trust a doctor who was trained this way?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

fourpaws wrote:

 

Anonymous wrote:

I am disagree with this statement, because we are now in the IT world, people can learn things just infront of their computer, and no need to go out, or go to school just to learn for something. 

What do you think ?




Would you trust a doctor who was trained this way?

 




well said



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

what about this
''  sip sa leung you fak fa  ya phao ang kha nei ha  song sa leung yoo nai meu hip gam ao vai''


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

what about this
''  sip sa leung you fak fa  ya phao ang kha nei ha  song sa leung yoo nai meu hip gam ao vai''




 To be happy with what you have



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

" ຄົນບໍ່ອອກຈາກບ້ານ ບໍ່ເຫັນດ່ານແດນໄກ
  ຄົນບໍ່ໄປຫາຮຽນ ບໍ່ຮອນມີຄວາມຮູ້ "

This Lao statement simply implies the importance of learning, if we don't go outside, we will hardly see how is the world is developing, if we don't go for study, we won't have any knowledge.

I am disagree with this statement, because we are now in the IT world, people can learn things just infront of their computer, and no need to go out, or go to school just to learn for something. 

What do you think ? 



My friend computer is only a tool for learning not education in itself. Besides not evverything in the web is true. If you dont know where to search for the right answer or which site is really trusted chances are you will be misguided.  Also, there are much to learn from first hand actual experience than through secondary knowledge (meaning learning from the book or from someone else experience). there is also so much to learn from person-to-person interaction than by just sitting in front of the computer. It also has second benefit of improving ability to socially interact and improve adaptation to different circumstances. My friend if you are the type who spend the whole day in front of the computer and limit your learning process from it, I advise you to spend some time off your computer. Go out, get some fresh air, talk to people about anything that interest you and be conscious of the things going on around you. See that you will learn more about real life.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Hey, man.The proverb is initially right.For the first line,
it presupposes a new receptivity on something for oneself.
for instance, if you go to other flourished countries, you
will typically realize that how much theirprocesses are 
accomplished.This talks about moving your feet(physicalactivity),
tourism as well hehehe..

A part from this,for the second line, this also talks about moving
your feet(physical activity) because you have to go to educational
places. In addition,moving your decison on educational access
(mental activity). You can go to study at school, library and more
extensoin, even at home as to your point. This is considered
a seft-learning preference.In this case, you don't have to move
your feet, you don't have to go to school. Instead, you move your
decision, your mind, your attention and your curousity to education
(mental activity). Look at many hackers, they spend their time up
to the screen of computers.It's said that they don't go to school.
They believe in their way.

"we are now in the IT world, people can learn things just in front
of their computer, and no need to go out, or go to school". Yeah,
to this, you don't have to have a physical action on your feet, but
what's out in stead of " go out to school" is your mental activity to
education.

In conclusion, the proverb's fact meaning is about a instruction on
getting new experience. "If we approch it, we will get it".

You have to be accuate to its combination and don't confuse about
"go" so much. this will introduce more questions. -_-'

And this is just about my view.


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The proverb is very true.
I agreed on both lines.
In general it just mean that whom who seek education is better off than the one that don't do anything at all.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yeah, it is seeking for education. It is not really related to location where you are, go out to abroad or not. I think it is mainly about the activeness of seeking for knowledge through various ways.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Date:
Permalink   

Excellent Lao proverb.  Thanks for sharing... Seek education anyway you can, home or abroad, because knowledge is life itself!

__________________

"I Know, I know Nothing, but Beerlao"



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
Permalink   

I agree education is the wealth that no one can take from you. Learn whatever way you can but have variety, I mean not relying too much to so called IT world. there is just so much to learn and the best way is to combine the use of all senses and practicing analytical thinking.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:
Permalink   

knowledge is power baby n that is how all khon lao will develop our country .

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard