Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Vietnamese developer begins $1b project in Laos !!!
Anonymous

Date:
Vietnamese developer begins $1b project in Laos !!!
Permalink   


(04-01-2010)

 

VIENTIANE — The Dong Nai-based Long Thanh Golf Business and Investment Joint-stock Co broke ground for a US$1 billion property project in Laos’s capital of Vientiane yesterday.

Situated on 557.4 ha in Hat Sai Phong District, the golf and residential complex project includes an 18-hole golf course, a section for luxury villas, a resort, a school and a hospital.

The Vietnamese-invested property complex is the biggest foreign investment project in Laos.

Construction of the project will be completed in 12 years.

Addressing the ground-breaking ceremony, Laotian deputy Prime Minister Somsavat Lengsavat praised Long Thanh Golf general director Le Van Kiem for his voluntary military service in Laos before 1975 and now as the developer of the biggest Vietnamese-invested project in Laos.

Somsavat said the property project was a fine example of the friendship between Laos and Viet Nam.

He said the Lao Government would create favourable conditions for construction of the project and hoped that Long Thanh Golf would complete the project on schedule.

The ground-breaking ceremony was also attended by the Governor of Vientiane Sinlavong Khutphaythun; Vietnamese ambassador to Laos Ta Minh Chau; deputy minister for Planning and Investment and deputy head of Viet Nam-Laos Cooperation Division Cao Viet Sinh. — VNS



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

(04-01-2010)

 

VIENTIANE — The Dong Nai-based Long Thanh Golf Business and Investment Joint-stock Co broke ground for a US$1 billion property project in Laos’s capital of Vientiane yesterday.

Situated on 557.4 ha in Hat Sai Phong District, the golf and residential complex project includes an 18-hole golf course, a section for luxury villas, a resort, a school and a hospital.

The Vietnamese-invested property complex is the biggest foreign investment project in Laos.

Construction of the project will be completed in 12 years.

Addressing the ground-breaking ceremony, Laotian deputy Prime Minister Somsavat Lengsavat praised Long Thanh Golf general director Le Van Kiem for his voluntary military service in Laos before 1975 and now as the developer of the biggest Vietnamese-invested project in Laos.

Somsavat said the property project was a fine example of the friendship between Laos and Viet Nam.

He said the Lao Government would create favourable conditions for construction of the project and hoped that Long Thanh Golf would complete the project on schedule.

The ground-breaking ceremony was also attended by the Governor of Vientiane Sinlavong Khutphaythun; Vietnamese ambassador to Laos Ta Minh Chau; deputy minister for Planning and Investment and deputy head of Viet Nam-Laos Cooperation Division Cao Viet Sinh. — VNS



        That land is leasing to the Vietnam for 90 years . Just wonder that was the part of the payments that laos must pay back the loan settlements  deal to Vitenam.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Just like the Chinese building the casinos in the northern part of Laos. Just wonder . Soon the Russia would like to do the same . Well , Laos will be more developed by having a lot of resources and casinos.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I STILL NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY LIKE TO BUILD ONLY CASINO AND GOLF ? WHY THEY DON'T JUST BUILD THE FACTORY OR ANOTHER THING, FOR ALOT PEOPLE CAN WORK THERE.disbeliefdisbeliefdisbelief



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I STILL NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY LIKE TO BUILD ONLY CASINO AND GOLF ? WHY THEY DON'T JUST BUILD THE FACTORY OR ANOTHER THING, FOR ALOT PEOPLE CAN WORK THERE.disbeliefdisbeliefdisbelief



          Laos 'target is tourists. Casinos and Golf course are Vietnamese and Chinese decisions because Laos leased them the land so that are the Chinese and the Vietnamese called. They build factories in Vietnam and China already so why they have to build in Laos. 

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

 

I STILL NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY LIKE TO BUILD ONLY CASINO AND GOLF ? WHY THEY DON'T JUST BUILD THE FACTORY OR ANOTHER THING, FOR ALOT PEOPLE CAN WORK THERE.disbeliefdisbeliefdisbelief



          Laos 'target is tourists. Casinos and Golf course are Vietnamese and Chinese decisions because Laos leased them the land so that are the Chinese and the Vietnamese called. They build factories in Vietnam and China already so why they have to build in Laos. 

          Of course , the money will be in the hand of the owners of the casinos and golff course from tourists who gamble and play golf .

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Soon Russia will build something , China built Casinos , Vietnamese has the rubber plantations and resource and golf course.


Federation Council approves debt settlement deal with Laos



RBC, 22.12.2008, Moscow 12:40:16.The Russian Federation Council has ratified an agreement between the governments of Russia and Laos on the settlement of the republic's loan debt to Russia denominated in rubles. According to Mikhail Margelov, chairman of the Federation Council's foreign affairs committee, the agreement provides for the restructuring of Laos's total $1.3 billion dollars debt from November 1, 2003. Laos now has the right to refrain from paying 70 percent of the sum, while the other 30 percent is subject to negotiations and must be fully repaid in accordance with the payment schedule. Furthermore, the consolidated sum and interest rate can be used by Russia in exchange for its share in environmental protection and other projects on the territory of Laos. Moreover, Russia is entitled to exchange the country's debt for certain products and services.

 So that meant some land for Russia. So it good for Laos because Laos would be developed with Casinos and 5 stars hotels.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I STILL NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY LIKE TO BUILD ONLY CASINO AND GOLF ? WHY THEY DON'T JUST BUILD THE FACTORY OR ANOTHER THING, FOR ALOT PEOPLE CAN WORK THERE.disbeliefdisbeliefdisbelief



          China built a lot of factories in China so Chinese will have jobs . Vietnam built factories in Vietnam so Vietnamese have jobs . Chinese built Casinos so they could make money from tourists gamblers and Vietnamese builds the resource and golf course so they could make money from tourists who are visiting  beautiful country of Laos.

 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard